A Laws.Africa project
14 August 1959

Nigeria Government Gazette supplement dated 1959-08-14 number 51 part B

Download PDF (169.1 KB)
Coverpage:
—                                     pe                   :                            |    -BB67
 Supplement to Official Gazette Extradrdinary No,51, Vol.46, 14th August, 1959-—PartB --

LNAM90f1959                                                    no                           a
                                  ANTIQUITIES. ORDINANCE, 1953                              yo
                                  - 7 QNfo. 17 oF 1953)                 -                   flue!
                     Antiquities (Monuments)Declaration (No. 5) Notice, 1959
                                      Commencement :kath August, 1959
     _ Wurrras the Antiquities Comntissionhas submitted an application. in accordance
 with subsection (4) of section 14 of the Antiquities Ordinance, 1953 (hereinafter referred
 to ag the Ordinance) for the declaration as monuments ofthe antiquitiesas. set forth in.
 the Schedule to this notice :                                                 |
 és Ap wrreas the application has beenconsidered by the Governor-General in: .
   ‘ouneil   :
   _ Now tumnyortin exercise of the powers conferred by subsection (5) of section
 14 of the Ordinancethe Governor-General, after}consultation with the Council of
 Ministers, hereby gives thefollowing notico—
      “4, This notice ‘may becited as the Antiquities
       1                                              (Monuments) Declaration (No. 5)
 Notite, 1959,                    '                               .

     4, Theantiquities set forth in the Schedule to this notice are declared to be
 monuments,                                                              a




       :                        “ “SCHEDULE |                  Pe
.-_» (1) The statue in Opobo representing King Jaja and the land lying within a radius
 of one hundred feet thereof,                           bod                        >
      (2) the house and compound in Calabarknown a6 the-“Old.Residency” together
with the contentsthereof,                           Loe,         woe           “
    (3) the house and compound in Calabar known as the’ “Old Consulate”,
   @ the house and: compound at No. 19 Boko Street, Calabar, known as Chief
Ekpo Basacy's House,                 oe                         .        -
  Mans at Lagos this 12th day of August, 1959.
                                                                         3.



                 ”        :   .                 2

                 ~
                                                                                    .           h

                                                                  ’ Maurice Jenxins,
                                                               cting Deputy Secretaryto the
 Ce     oy                                                            Council ofMinisters —
MEAI3/9.8                                                                   :
         \


(Download complete gazette PDF)